This post will wrap up my First Solos for the Horn Player project, which I began back in March. It’s been a fun and productive creative outlet, and while I did not record all of the solos in the collection (to abide by Fair Use), these recordings are representative. If you don’t know First Solos for the Horn Player by Mason Jones it’s well worth checking out, especially for undergraduate students. See the end of this post for a complete list of the recordings, with YouTube links.
For the final selection we have an aria by the early 19th-century Italian opera composer Vincenzo Bellini. This is a very brief solo, but could work well on a recital when combined with other similar compositions.
List of Recordings from First Solos for the Horn Player, Arrangements by Mason Jones)
- Folksong Suite
- No More, I Have Heard Everything, by W.A. Mozart
- Air from Rosamunde, by Franz Schubert
- Romance for Horn and Piano, by Alexander Scriabin
- Song of April, by Georges Bizet
- I Hear as in a Dream, Georges Bizet
- German Dance, by Beethoven
- Andante from Horn Quintet, K. 407, by W.A. Mozart
- Brazilian Set, by Louis Gordon